Heart’s fluttering? Butterflies in your stomach? Feeling some tender, loving care? Or been a while since you both last spoke the language of the eyes?
A simple cure for these or similar symptoms is to take a break from your busy life, gather a bit of courage (for those on a first date!), and choose a place that’s ideal for bringing forth those feelings bubbling within you.
Delhi is a spacious city, its many parks and gardens offer a lot of greenery and quiet time for couples of all age groups. The Mughal and colonial architectures have served as an ideal backdrop for lovers since a long time. And if you both believe in displaying love through commerce, stroll hand-in-hand at places like Dilli Haat, whispering the matters of your heart, until you find some unique gifts for each other at one of the handicraft shops. Some of the nearest weekend getaways to Delhi are Damdama lake and Surajkund. For those couples who are visiting the city, rekindle your love by pampering your loved one at the Taj Mahal Hotel, a luxury hotel in New Delhi.
Romantic Delights in the Capital City
- The Lawns of the India Gate: The political and historical center of Delhi, India Gate is also one of the most prominent tourist destinations in the city. You can stroll around the main structure, or converse in peace in its beautiful lawns. Opt for a romantic boat ride with a great view of this monument. Being a security-heavy, posh zone, the iconic site is completely safe for couples. The site is frequently visited by couples because of being centrally located.
- Deer Park at Hauz Khas: Considered a heaven for couples, the Deer Park is a vast area to roam around. The park has a serene water body, beautifully maintained lawns, and a surrounding that is dotted with trees. Some of the fauna here include the innocent spotted deer, exquisite peacocks, guinea pigs, rabbits, and a variety of birds. The place is well within reach from Hauz Khas Village, Delhi Lawn Tennis Associations Courts, and Safdarjung Enclave.
- Monument and Lake of Hauz Khas: Your eyes will marvel the historical Mughal architecture of this place as you whisper peacefully into each other’s ears. The whole area is surrounded with lush greenery, offering a great spot for long, thoughtful strolls. If you wander into the inner alleyways, you will find shops for handmade bags, photographers' studios, African musicians playing djembes, and a number of boutiques. The nearest metro station is Green Park.
- Dilli Haat: Choose a memorable gift from one of many handicraft shops here. There are several theme-based shopping exhibitions all through the year. Located on Ring Road near INA Market, the Haat is easily accessible by Delhi Metro. If you are looking for romantic restaurants in Delhi, Dilli Haat has some of them, offering quiet, cultural reflection to go along with great food.
- Surajkund: Approachable from both Mathura road (NH-2) and Gurgaon-Faridabad road, Surajkund Is an ancient reservoir with a vast patch of greenery right in the foothills of the Aravali hills. If you are looking to escape from the city's traffic and the crowd, this is the place to be. There are many hotels in & around Surajkund like the Vivanta by Taj - Surajkund.
So, whether you and your partner are traveling to Delhi and its nearby regions, or are just one of its many residents in need of some time together, the capital city promises to be a cupid for you both. All it is asking you is to take out some time.
Ankita Raj moved from India to America to pursue her dreams. But she still travels back to India once a year to keep touch with her heritage.