We have never visited Japan and now I don't even need to worry about what season it will be when we do go. Who's up for some outdoor adventure?
In the far north of Japan is Niesko, a town located in Hokkaldo.A mountain range that has become known for it's ski resorts ecompassing Hokkaldo's Mount Yotel. Mount Yotel is a dorman volcano that sits next to one of the most beautilful rives in all of Japan - the Shirbetsu River. In 2008 Niesko was voted number 6 in the Top 10 ski resorts in the world.
Hanazono Niseko is a fun-filled outdoor resort destination located in the vicinity of Hokkaido. This resort is well-known as a popular ski resort, but it really opens up in the summer months, when exciting activities like rafting, ducky and canyoning are available. No matter what kind of outdoor activities you would like to enjoy with your friends and family, this summer resort is the place to be.
Summer Activities Available At Hanazono Niseko
This resort features a great number of exciting adventure activities, especially for those who want to enjoy challenging physical outdoor sports, and the accommodation provided is top-notch. Some of the most popular activities that this resort provides are:
- Rafting. This is easily the most popular activity offered. You and your friends can take a raft down the exciting channels of the Shiribetsu River. Your crew will be led by one of the resort’s experienced guides that will provide a beautiful and exciting experience for all.
- Ducky. This is a more challenging adventure tour using an inflatable kayak. Instead of sitting with a large group of people in a raft and letting the current take you along, you sit one-on-one in a two-seat kayak with a trained instructor who will get you down the river in a fun and exhilarating ride through one of Japan’s most beautiful rivers.
- Canyoning. Strap on a wetsuit and dive right into the most extreme outdoor sport provided at Hanazono Niseko. Vast canyons, caves, and pools await the intrepid adventurer who is not afraid to get a bit wet while doing their exploration of the island’s beautiful scenery.
- Sea Kayaking. Unlike river kayaks, sea kayaks are much more comfortable and serene, offering a pleasant trip through the beautiful green seaside hills of the island. This summer activity is perfect for families and first-timers.
- Mountain Biking. Hanazono Niseko’s specialized bike park offers thrilling biking opportunities for riders of all ages and experience. Whether you are a beginner or a professional mountain biker, you will definitely find the right course to fuel your need for excitement.
- Climbing & Hiking. Follow the foot paths through Shinsen-numa in the upper moors, set off on a full day of exploration in the Niseko range or attempt to cimb Mount Yotei climb, there are hikes and walks to match anyone strengths and desires when summering in Hanazono Niseko.
- Zip Lining. Zip lines are great fun for all ages. Simply strap yourself to a cable and slide across hundreds of meters of ground in the process. The resort’s zip lines are the longest ones available in Hokkaido.
- Golf. Any golfer would be in dream land with the Niseko Tokyu Golf Course. An 18-hole, par 72 championship course of some 7,003 yards.
- Horse Riding. Within Niseko a horse ride will take you to places you may not visit by car. It's a holiday excitement for everyone.
- Activities For Kids. No summer resort could do without a full kid’s zone, and this place has the little ones covered. From the little ones to the big ones there is something from everyone, whether it's a slide on a summer tube, a climb on the spiders web or a play on the inflatiable playground they will be busy.
The Number One Summer Destination For Fun
For a fun and exciting summer vacation, this place has no match. Extreme sports and outdoor activities, all enjoyed under the watchful eye of the resort’s trained rangers and sports professionals, make this a very special place to share with your friends and family. If you are looking for excellent accommodation and lots of fun in Hokkaido this summer, you do not need to look any further than Hanazono Niseko summer resort. Niesko will not let you down.
John Race - If it’s outdoors and an adventure John wants to be part of it. He has parasailed in Bali, bungee-jumped at Victoria Falls and if he could barrel over Niagra Falls he would.