So, you’re visiting Los Angeles and Universal Studios Hollywood is at the top of your list of things to do. I don’t blame you.
Universal Studios Hollywood overflows with movie magic, from daring themed rides to the famous studio tour.
You can explore the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, get up close and personal with dinosaurs on the new Jurassic World ride, or immerse yourself in the 3D spectacular of the Transformers ride.
But you probably already know all this. That’s why you want to go! This article is all about helping you save money on your visit. I’ll cover tickets, food, attractions, and more, to ensure you get the most bang for your buck.
Movie spoiler alert: If you really can’t wait to see how this story ends, then put yourself out of your misery and click this link. But I suggest waiting until you get to the end of the article and the credits start rolling. It’s your choice!
Where to find the cheapest Universal Studios Hollywood tickets?
You can always buy tickets when you arrive at Universal Studios Hollywood, but buying online in advance can help you to save money and eliminate queueing on the day. Buying online from the official website will save you around $10 on ticket prices, depending on the offers currently available and the type of ticket you want.
However, for the cheapest Universal Studios Hollywood discount tickets, I would recommend checking out Theme Park Center. This can offer you big discounts on every ticket type. Currently discounts range from up to 25% on 1-Day General Admission to up to 33% on Universal Express!
On top of all that, you get to skip the ticket booth queue, giving you more time for thrills in the park!
If you’re concerned about buying tickets from a discount seller, then don’t worry. Theme Park Center are highly trusted vendors. Their tickets are completely legit and will never give you any problems at the gate as long as they’re valid for the date you’re visiting. You can read more about Theme Park Center in another article I wrote about them.
Types of Universal Studios Hollywood tickets
The best discount ticket for you will differ based on how much time you want to spend on rides, and how little time in queues. The 4 ticket types are:
1-Day General Admission (when you’re short on time)
Access to the park and all of its rides and shows for the single date selected.
2-Day General Admission (more movie magic)
Access to the park and all rides and shows for the selected date and then any other date within 7 days of the first visit.
Universal Express (cos waiting is lame)
A 1 day ticket that gives you one-time access to the express lines for all rides and attractions – that means shorter wait times! You also get priority seating at some of the shows.
VIP Experience (that’s how I roll)
This package gives you unlimited express access to all rides and shows, a guided tour of the park and backlot, snacks and refreshments throughout the day, plus an exclusive VIP meal as part of the package.
Why these discount Universal Studios Hollywood tickets are better
I’ve already explained how much you could save on Universal Studios tickets from Theme Park Center. What more could you want?
Well, if you do still want more, here’s the “steak knives” that these discount tickets offer you:
- Less stress – Book your tickets from the comfort of your own home, any time you want, without having to speak to anyone. It’s all done online through a secure payment process and the tickets are emailed to you straight away.
- More time in the park – Booking discount tickets in advance means that you can skip the ticket queue – that’s more time spent inside the park and less time waiting outside of it.
- Warm, fuzzy feelings – A portion of Theme Park Center’s ticket sales go to wish-granting charities, so you’re doing your bit to fulfil the dreams of sick children.
- Ongoing support – Theme Park Center provide quality customer support in case you have any questions or concerns before or after purchasing your discount tickets.
How to use your Universal Studios Hollywood discount tickets
Using your discount tickets is completely straightforward. Just follow these simple steps:
1) Select your tickets, number of guests, and date of visit.
2) Add them to your cart and complete the checkout process.
3) Receive your e-tickets via email.
4) Print your ticket or keep it on your phone as an e-ticket.
5) Take your tickets with you to the gate (no need to queue at the ticket sales booth).
6) Enjoy the magical world of Universal Studios Hollywood!
Bundle Universal Studios Hollywood discount tickets
If you plan on visiting multiple attractions across Southern California, then you might also benefit from Theme Park Center’s ticket packages. Buy one ticket that covers two or more attractions and save big compared to buying these tickets separately.
Theme Park Center’s Universal Studio ticket bundles cover Disneyland Resort Park, SeaWorld San Diego, the Warner Bros. Studio Tour, and more. The most popular bundles are:
- Universal Studios Hollywood + Warner Bros. Studio Tour
- Universal Studios Hollywood + Disneyland Resort Park Hopper
- Universal Studios Hollywood + SeaWorld San Diego
- Universal Studios Hollywood + Disneyland Resort + SeaWorld San Diego
Super duper bundle savings
Looking to save even more and pack as much into your trip as possible? Then the Go Los Angeles Card might be the answer to your dreams. This covers dozens of attractions across Southern California, including:
- Universal Studios Hollywood
- Madame Tussaud's Hollywood
- Warner Bros. VIP Studio Tour
- Celebrity Homes Tours by Starline Tours
- Hollywood Museum
- Six Flags
- LEGOLAND® California
- Sony Pictures Studio Tour
- Behind-the-Scenes Hollywood Tour by Red Line
- Knott's Soak City Water Park
The Go Los Angeles Card is also available to buy through Theme Park Center for a discounted price compared to buying it direct. The Go Card can cover 1, 2, 3, 5, or 7 days, giving you unlimited access to participating attractions across that many consecutive days. Bear in mind, however, that Universal Studios Hollywood is only included on the 3, 5, and 7-day passes.
Just decide how many days you want your Go Card to cover and then start planning your itinerary. You can save up to 55% on general admission if you plan it well. It all comes down to how much you can pack into those days. Look at which attractions are close to each other to make the most of your time in Southern California.
More money saving tips for Universal Studios Hollywood
Discount tickets are a just one way to save money on your trip to Universal Studios Hollywood, but your tickets aren’t the only expense. Here are more tips for bringing your costs down.
1) Save more money on tickets… by choosing the dates you visit wisely. Ticket prices can fluctuate throughout the year depending on demand. So, visiting the park on the weekend, during summer, during school holidays, and around seasonal holidays like Halloween and Christmas, will cost more.
2) Save money on parking… by walking a little further. You could spend as much as $60 to park your car closer to Universal Studios. While this will save you a little time and energy, you can alternatively save $35 by parking further away. General parking is $25 before 6pm.
3) Save money on food and drink… by bringing your own. You can bring backpacks into the park, although they will be x-rayed and inspected on the way in, so make sure you don’t bring any prohibited items. Pack your backpacks with snacks and bottles of water to avoid buying expensive refreshments in the park. You can’t bring larger containers like coolers into the park, but you could pack a cooler and leave it in the car, allowing you to pop out for a picnic. If you prefer to eat in a restaurant or café, then you can go just outside the park to Citywalk for more affordable dining options.
How to get to Universal Studios Hollywood
Universal Studios Hollywood is located at Universal City Plaza in Los Angeles. You can find its location on Google Maps, which can give you directions whether you’re driving, catching public transport, or walking from nearby.
If you’re driving, take the 101 (Hollywood) Freeway to the park. The official website has driving instructions from various popular locations in California.
The best way to get there by public transport is to take the metro or bus to Universal City Red Line Station. From there, you can use the park’s free shuttle, which brings you directly into Universal Studios Hollywood. This shuttle runs every day from 7am and picks up passengers approximately every 10-15 minutes.
More details about Universal Studios Hollywood
Here’s more info that should help you plan your trip to Universal Studios Hollywood:
Opening times – Open every day, park hours vary – check opening times for specific dates here.
Park map – View or download a map of the park here.
Rides and attractions – Plan your day with this list of the park’s rides and attractions.
Events and activities – See what special events and seasonal activities are coming up at the park.
Accessibility – For information on disabled access, height restrictions on rides, and more, take a look at the park’s Guide for Rider Safety and Accessibility.
Hotels near Universal Studios Hollywood
Staying close to the park is a clever way to get there early and make the most of your day, especially for 2-day passes. Here are a few hotels that are located close to Universal Studios Hollywood:
- Sheraton Universal Hotel (4-star), 5 minute walk (0.2 miles)
- Nite Inn (2-star), 15 minute walk (0.6 miles)
- BVLD Hotel & Spa (3-star), 17 minute walk (0.7 miles)
- Tilt Hotel Universal/Hollywood (3-star), 13 minute walk (0.6 miles)
The Bottom Line
Now you know all the tricks of the trade when it comes to getting the cheapest Universal Studios Hollywood discount tickets. This means you can relax and enjoy the park knowing that you’re getting your money’s worth.
Got this far without actually buying your tickets? Then you can get your Universal Studios Hollywood tickets here.